13 Rules For Training To Live By.
Here’s a compilation of the some things I’ve: heard, practiced and been taught over the years.
Simple, effective and bang on.
1. Power first, never last.
2. Multi-joint next.
3. 10 reps is cardio.
· Hypertrophy bant.
4. Don’t make excuses for your clients/athletes poor technique.
· If somebody walks into your weight room, you’re automatically judged by what they’re doing and how they're doing it.
5. Squatting parallel is standard that needs to be adhered to.
· “Oh but Tim, quarter squats carry over to.. bla bla” Heard it all before.
6. Form over function.
· There’s no point loading up bad movement patterns.
7. Beware of the guru’s and fads.
· Functional patterns.
8. Record boards reward genetics not effort.
9. Preparation is key.
· Preparation prevents piss poor performance
10. Pair exercises except for Olympic lifting.
· How efficient is it to wait 2-3 minutes between sets for every single exercise? 6 exercises, 4 sets each (6 exercises x4 sets x3 min rest per set = 72min of rest per workout)
11. Hypertrophy always has a time under tension focus.
12. Bang for your buck, isolation has its place but shouldn’t form the bulk of a program.
13.Practice what you preach but don’t put all your faith in the shredded guru. Education + experience + results = A good coach.
Tim Frey MS.c